Friday, July 23, 2010

Smile

My hair curled, my neck stiff, abusing the Irish language to randoms attempting to 'buy fire'and having a fudging large hangover today yet,by far It was the best night out in a long time.I always say it but I adore Fibbers. Dive or not it has to be the most genuine place to go, I have never gone there and NOT had a brilliant night out.
  Today I was thinking a hell of a lot about to put it bluntly, Life. Next year I am nineteen, Next year!!! It seems like it was just yesterday I was the insecure little child embarrassed about being younger then most of my friends , love interests and class mates. When I was younger I was always insecure about things, age being at the top of that list.  but as always in my manner of being, I used humour for it to be acceptable. Discussion with people 'Oh I'm eighteen next year''Omg, I'm eighteen' my witty remarks always  something in the line of 'In 2010, I'm eighteen.'Followed by a fit of laughter and comments on the youth of me.

But I amn't that child anymore I'm actually eighteen; I am ACTUALLY an adult. This of course a strange funny place to be. The best year of my life is by far this one. With a lot of ups and downs and a lot of milestones in my little life but the saying is most defiantly true: 'Life flies when your having fun'.

  In the years wishing my life away to be that ultimate figure of maturity, that was EIGHTEEN;I've grown to what I am today. I have lost people, felt I made mistakes and mistreated people who I should have known were my world. I can see what it means to live and to appreciate the people who make you who you are the people that grow with you.

  I've recently fell in love all over again with Nat King Cole's Smile song. It's in some ad for something during those four minute channel four ads and I just melt. The funny thing was youtube-ing it and coming across Nat King Cole's Mona Lisa. Tis my granda Myley's song to sing and It always reminds me of him and of how much I appreciate that of the people that I call my family.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment